Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Home Depot store openings from 1977 to 2006. T...Image via Wikipedia
Here is something else that just bothers me. I saw an ad for Home Depot on television the other day that had the price of $19.34 on the side of some insulation crossed off and then the new price of $9.34 displayed prominently. Of course they said that they are lowering their prices everyday for you! My question is if can can lower it now why couldn't they lower it before? I mean if they can afford to sell it @ a $10.00 difference why didn't they do that in the first place? And I don't want to hear about price fluctuations and market demand all that bullshit, I want to know why corporate America thinks it's OK to regularly rip people off? I would also love to see a graphic of all the Mom and Pops put out of business by the big box stores, my Ace hardware is doing just fine thank you very much, in large part because of the community we have here. Our local produce stand is thriving as well. Free thinking people will always have a harder time, than sheeple and maybe pay a little more, but take comfort you will never end up on peopleofwalmart.com.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment